School Social Worker
Welcome to Payson High School Guidance and Counseling Department. Our office encourages and guides students in Academics, Career/College, and personal/social life.
We are committed to maintaining an environment to empower students to successfully reach higher personal and academic goals.
We strive to build strong relationships between school, family, and community while maintaining a supportive environment for staff and students.
Course Enrollment Expectations
It is expected that all PHS students regardless of year have a six period day schedule. It is expected that all PCS students have a six course schedule for the semester. Both are encouraging all students to complete a minimum of three credits per semester in order to meet state requirements.
Completed ECAP, Passing Civics Assessment score, Completed CPR lessons
- Two years of Agricultural Education will meet the third science graduation credit requirement. Biology and Intro to Chemistry and Physics are required first and second year science classes.
- Two years of Marching Band (Fall Semester) will meet the physical education graduation requirement.
- Two years of Construction Technology will meet the fourth math graduation requirement after algebra I, geometry, and algebra II.
- Two years of Marketing classes will meet the economics graduation requirement.
- Major Clarity - A Career & College Readiness Platform for All Students
ACT and SAT
Free Tutoring - ACT and SAT
PSAT/NMSQT stands for Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test. It's a standardized test that provides practice for the SAT.